Share This Article
Travellers getting ready to leave for their Christmas holidays destinations have all interests in knowing all about their rights and other regulations applying in cases of travel disruptions or other unforeseen circumstances.
For the sake of better information, we are here reporting and summarizing a very useful twelve point list of recommendations recently issued by the European Commission for travellers during the Christmas period.
1. When travelling by air, you are entitled to reimbursement or rerouting in case you are denied getting aboard, or there is a flight cancellation without any notice, or otherwise there has been more then 5 hours delay in your flight.
2. In case your flight has been cancelled or has more than three hours delay, you have right of assistance and may also be entitled to monetary compensation.
3. You are entitled to being reimbursed up to £1000 in the event you luggage has been lost or is damaged.
4. The final price of you ticket flight has to be clearly displayed when purchasing online.
5. Liquid allowance to be carried inside your hand luggage must not exceed one litre per person and have to be contained in 100 ml containers.
6. When travelling outside the European territory, be well informed about the safety of airlines you choose by consulting the black list of companies that have been banned by the EU.
7. Passengers with disability or reduced mobility have the right to be assisted at all stages of their travelling without any extra charge by informing the air carrier of such requirement at least 2 days in advance.
8. When travelling by cross border trains in the EU, passengers can ask to be reimbursed or rerouted in cases of cancelled trains or delays exceeding one hour.
9. When travelling by cross border train, passengers can claim up to £1000 for damages to their luggage as well as compensation in the event of accidents during their journeys.
10. When travelling by cross border train, the railway company has the duty to inform passengers the contact details to submit complaints.
11. Ensure prices and important information are made clear when purchasing travel packages.
12. If you are to travel by car, do not drive under the effects of drugs or alcohol!